Washington Township is proud of the fact that we have beautiful recreational areas for our residents to enjoy. Below you can find a list of parks owned by the Township, picnic pavilion rental information, and general park rules and regulations.
A list of the names and locations of Washington Township Parks and Open Space areas:
All Township parks are open daily from dawn to dusk. The Pennsylvania State Police routinely patrol Township properties. Please report any suspicious activity to the Township Office at (610) 845-7760 or the Pennsylvania State Police, Reading Office, at (610) 378-4011.
Barto Community Park Athletic Field (6.08 acres)
The Athletic Field is located adjacent to the Barto Community Park at 120 Barto Road and is home to the Township’s football field.
Barto Community Park (9.861 acres)
The Barto Community Park is located at 120 Barto Road. The park contains a baseball field, basketball court, pavilion available for rentals, a tot-lot playground, passive open space, and a paved walking trail.
Washington Township Park (9.26 acres)
Washington Township Park is located at 104 Victoria Drive. The park has a pavilion available for rentals, a playground, passive open space, and soccer fields.
Washington Township Park Annex (13.634 acres)
This open space area is located adjacent to the Washington Elementary School, 1406 Route 100, of the Boyertown School District on Niantic Road. This passive open area is used throughout the year as soccer fields.
Washington Township Treatment Plant (15.761 acres)
Located at 567 Niantic Road, and immediately in front of the Washington Township Treatment Plant, two large open parcels are available for passive recreation. Soccer fields are present on the site.
Reserve at Bally Springs Open Space (10.15 acres)
Located off of Gehringer Road behind the Reserve at Bally Springs development, this plot of open space is available for passive recreation.
Hoffman Estates Open Space (1.798 acres)
Located at the end of Audrey Drive, this plot of open space is available for passive recreation.
Cubbler Court Open Space (1.54 acres)
Located at the end of Cubbler Court, this plot of open space is available for passive recreation.
Westfield Drive Open Space (0.66 acres)
Located on Westfield Drive and Lenape Road, this plot of open space is available for passive recreation.
Forgedale Park (0.445 acres)
Located on Forgedale Road near Anthony’s Mill Bridge, the park provides a scenic spot along the West Branch of the Perkiomen Creek.
Phase Q-1 Lot B Open Space (1.566 acres)
Located on Barto Road, near Route 100, this parcel was obtained by the Township from a development project. This parcel is undeveloped and is currently leased for farming activities.
Consider having your family reunion or birthday party at our large picnic pavilion, 30′ x 70′ at the Barto Community Park. We have running water and electricity, nine (9) 6′ picnic tables and two (2) 8′ handicapped tables. There is a port-o-potty nearby and walking paths to go to both the pavilion and port-o-potty. There is also a tot lot for the little ones to enjoy.
Rental Fees are as follows:
- Washington Township Residents: $100.00 ($50.00 for Rental and $50.00 for Security Deposit)Please note: If no damage done to the pavilion area, the Security Deposit will be returned, thus the actual fee for a resident is $50.00).
- Non Residents: $150.00 ($100.00 for Rental and $50.00 for Security Deposit)Please note: If no damage done to the pavilion area, the Security Deposit will be returned, thus the actual fee for a non-resident is $100.00).
It is best to phone the Township Office FIRST if you are interested in a particular date to rent the pavilion to be sure that the pavilion is free for your special event. That way you can reserve the date, fill out the Application along with your check to reserve the pavilion and return to the Township Office.
A rental application is available at the following link:
Pavilion Rental Application
Park Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- All persons must be off the park premises by 9:00 p.m.
- Automobiles and Trucks Permitted Within Designated Roadways and Parking Areas During Park Hours.
- Automobiles and trucks are permitted within a Township park on designated roadways and within designated parking areas ONLY; provided, however, that the designated parking areas shall be occupied and used by park users during only those hours that the park is open. There shall be no parking on the grass surrounding the pavilion.
No fire shall be permitted at any township park, except in an area designated and approved by the Township Fire Marshall.
The following activities are prohibited within any township park area:
- The possession, use, or discharging of a firearms.
- Posting of signs, soliciting, or peddling.
- Intentionally, recklessly, or negligently causing destruction to or removal of park equipment, facilities, or property.
- Immoral, indecent, or disorderly conduct, public drunkenness, use of profane language, or engaging in any lewd, immoral, or commonly objectionable conduct that annoys any other person using a township park for recreation purposes.
- Operating snowmobiles or any other motorized vehicles, except automobiles or trucks in designated areas.
- Except in cases of an emergency, no persons shall use any park area for repair of a motor vehicle.
- Riding bicycles or other pedalcycles anywhere, except on roadways and parking areas.
- Possessing or controlling any alcoholic or malt beverage.
- Knowing or intentional possession of a controlled substance.
- No person shall engage in any kind of gambling game at which money or other valuable things may or shall be played for, staked, or betted upon, unless otherwise specified by the Recreation Board.
- No person is permitted to strike golf balls within any park area, unless otherwise permitted by the Recreation Board.
- With the exception of a guide dog accompanying any blind person, or of a dog used to assist any other physically handicapped person, dogs, leashed or unleashed, or other animals are not permitted in township parks.
Please consult the following link for more information about renting the Sandra S Moser Community Room:
Sandra S Moser Community Room
- Applications for room use request shall be made through the Township Office in person or by telephone (610-845-7760)
- Reservations for this room will be made on a first come, first serve basis.
- The room may be used for activities such as parties, showers, meetings, dinners and other approved gatherings. The Community Room can accommodate 60 to 70 persons comfortably. It is equipped with a kitchen sink, refrigerator, microwave oven, standard stove, air conditioning and lots of counter space.
Individuals and groups using the Community Room facilities are held responsible for their conduct and for any damage incurred to the room; building, furnishings or equipment while it is in their care and control.
Washington Township in no way assumes financial responsibility for damage or loss of personal property or injuries of any kind.
All organizations using the facility shall enclose a copy of their Certificate of Liability Insurance with this application.
Care of Facility
Area being used is to be restored to proper room arrangement and cleanliness.
Spills and trash should be cleaned and wiped up.
Cleaning equipment is available for groups and individuals using the room.
Equipment should be returned to the proper storage locations in proper condition.
Persons reserving the facility shall supply paper products and utensils.
Trash and garbage bags and their removal are the responsibility of the group or individual using the room.
Kitchen area should be left in the condition in which it was found.
NO items of any kind may be attached to the floor, ceiling, walls or room fixtures, doors, windows or support poles, using nails, screws, tape, staples, tacks, adhesives or any other means.
The deposit for the room will be returned within 30 days when the room is found acceptable and key is returned on the next business day.
Conduct while using the room
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are permitted on the premises.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in the building.
- Any persons under the age of 21 must be chaperoned at all times.
- Everyone is expected to maintain proper conduct while present at any part of the property. This includes outside as well. No profane or obscene language or activities allowed.
- No more than 60-70 persons are allowed in this room at all times. If over, please check with Township Manager.
- No diapers or sanitary napkins under any circumstances are to be flushed in the toilets.
- No tables or chairs are to be taken out of the room at any time.
At termination of the period of use:
- All lights should be turned off.
- Stove and any other appliances must be turned off.
- Be sure to remove all your items from the refrigerator.
- Doors and windows are to be closed.
- Remove all trash from premises.
- Any special instructions are to be followed.
IF POSSIBLE, RESERVATIONS SHOULD BE MADE 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE RENTAL.
The Community Room may be used for activities such as parties, showers, meetings, dinners and other approved gatherings and can accommodate 60 to 70 persons comfortably. It is equipped with a kitchen sink, refrigerator, microwave oven, standard stove, air conditioning and lots of counter space.
Rental fees are as follows:
- Residents: $150.00 ($60.00 for rental and $90.00 security deposit)
- Non Residents: $175.00 ($75.00 for rental and $100.00 security deposit)
Township Committee Members:
- $100.00 ($40.00 for rental and $60.00 security deposit). Note: This is a one-time use per year per family at this rate for all Committee Members.
- $75.00 ($25.00 for rental and $50.00 for security deposit). Does NOT include use of facilities except for coffee and light refreshments.
THE ABOVE RATES ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR FOUR (4) HOURS. AFTER THAT, $15.00 PER HOUR WILL BE CHARGED.
Please consult the following link for an application to rent the Community Room: